KJPAS 2018 Summer Performing Arts Camp Faculty
Please check back soon to see the headshots and bios of the 2019 Camp Faculty!
serves as the artistic director and musical director of the Summer Performing Arts Camps. He has worked professionally for over twenty-five years as an actor, musical director, director and choreographer. His many credits include the Broadway first and fourth national tours of Beauty and the Beast
, the Asian tour of Annie
, The European Tour of Annie Get Your Gun
, three productions of Evita
, and two of Phantom
. Kevin has served as choreographer for the award-winning Roanoke Valley Children's Choir for the past sixteen years. Recent musical directing credits include Beauty and the Beast, Big Fish, Anything Goes, The Little Mermaid, Hairspray
, and six different touring productions of Christmas Wonderland
for the Palace Theater/Spirit Entertainment. 2018 marks the 20th anniversary of the KJPAS camps and it has been a great run!
–Director and choreographer - has been involved with KJPAS camps since their inception 20 years ago. Her many performing credits include the Donna in Mamma Mia
, The Mistress in Evita
, Maria in The Sound of Music
, as well as Anything Goes
. Melia can be seen in several commercials, training videos and print ads. She is also an accomplished artist, scenic painter and costumer. Recent scenic work includes Hairspray, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast
Mary Jane Houdina
– Director/Choreographer – is a true Broadway Diva, having performed in eleven Broadway shows incuding Annie
(also serving as the assistant choreographer to Peter Gennaro), Follies (also serving as the assistant choreographer to Michael Bennett, and directed by theater legend Hal Prince), Rockabye
Hamlet (also serving as the assistant choreographer to Gower Champion). As a choreographer, she has staged dozens of musicals across the country and was awarded a Barrymore Award for her choreography for Crazy For You
at the Walnut Street Theater in Philadelphia. On the big screen, Mary Jane did the dance choreography for The Great Gatsby starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. Her choreography has been seen in national spot commercials, television shows, the opening ceremony for the Marine Midland arena in Buffalo, NY, the Miss America Pageant, and the Tony Awards. She is considered one of the great Broadway tappers of our generation.
– Director – has found success in theater, television and film. Broadway credits include
A Tale of Two Cities
and Next To Normal
. Among her many film credits, she played Rapunzel opposite Meryl Streep in the film version of
Into The Woods
. She was a series regular on several television shows including “The Guiding Light” (two years as Lizzie Spaulding), “The Bold and the Beautiful” (over 200 episodes as Phoebe Forrester), and Forever (Abigail Morgan). She has guest starred on “Drop Dead Diva”, “CSI”, “Law and Order”, “Cold Case”, and “NCIS” among others. Mackenzie was a camper in the very first KJPAS summer musical theater camp 20 years ago!
– Program Director/Head Male Counselor/Camp Videographer and Photographer – is a true renaissance man, and the MacGyver of the theater world! Bill has worked as a stage manager, director, photographer, videographer and technical director on and off for KJPAS since 2000. He has held positions in a multitude of fields from banking to wedding photography to videography for the government of Florida. He currently resides on his horse farm outside of St. Augustine, Florida.
– Program Director/Head Female Counselor –Lexy is currently a history major and theater minor at Coastal Carolina university. Recent credits include Big Fish, Mamma Mia (Ali), and Catch Me If You Can. She is super excited to be joining the KJPAS team!
– Program Director/Head Male Counselor –Philip is an education major and theater performance minor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Recent credits include Beauty and the Beast (Gaston), Alice in Wonderland (Director/Mad HaBeauty
and the Beast
tter), The Great Gatsby
- Camp Headshot Photographer -returns to KJPAS for her fifteenth year to photograph the camp headshots. Amy is a leading female commercial photographer in Southwest Virginia. She has won many national ADDY awards for her work, including four in 2014 alone. She has photographed Fortune500 companies, national medical centers and advertising agencies across the country. Amy also has extensive modeling experience, which makes her such a great Headshot photographer for KJPAS!