KJPAS 2018 Summer Performing Arts Camp Faculty
serves as the artistic director and musical director of the Summer Performing Arts Camps. He has worked professionally for over twenty-five years as an actor, musical director, director and choreographer. His many credits include the Broadway first and fourth national tours of Beauty and the Beast
, the Asian tour of Annie
, The European Tour of Annie Get Your Gun
, three productions of Evita
, and two of Phantom
. Kevin has served as choreographer for the award-winning Roanoke Valley Children's Choir for the past sixteen years. Recent musical directing credits include Beauty and the Beast, Big Fish, Anything Goes, The Little Mermaid, Hairspray
, and six different touring productions of Christmas Wonderland
for the Palace Theater/Spirit Entertainment. 2018 marks the 20th anniversary of the KJPAS camps and it has been a great run!
–Director and choreographer - has been involved with KJPAS camps since their inception 20 years ago. Her many performing credits include the Donna in Mamma Mia
, The Mistress in Evita
, Maria in The Sound of Music
, as well as Anything Goes
. Melia can be seen in several commercials, training videos and print ads. She is also an accomplished artist, scenic painter and costumer. Recent scenic work includes Hairspray, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast
Mary Jane Houdina
– Director/Choreographer – is a true Broadway Diva, having performed in eleven Broadway shows incuding Annie
(also serving as the assistant choreographer to Peter Gennaro), Follies (also serving as the assistant choreographer to Michael Bennett, and directed by theater legend Hal Prince), Rockabye
Hamlet (also serving as the assistant choreographer to Gower Champion). As a choreographer, she has staged dozens of musicals across the country and was awarded a Barrymore Award for her choreography for Crazy For You
at the Walnut Street Theater in Philadelphia. On the big screen, Mary Jane did the dance choreography for The Great Gatsby starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. Her choreography has been seen in national spot commercials, television shows, the Superbowl Half-Time show, the Miss America Pageant, and the Tony Awards. She is considered one of the great Broadway tappers of our generation.
– Director/Choreographer – holds a BFA from Florida State University and is currently performing in his fifth Broadway Show, A Bronx Tale
. Other Broadway credits include serving as the dance captain for Newsies
, Groundhog Day
(the chubby man), She Loves Me
(Busboy), and Matilda
. His national touring credits include Beauty and the Beast
, and Cats
. He performed with Broadway legend, Tommy Tune, in Steps in Time
and was the assistant choreographer for the Radio City Spring Spectacular show.
– Director/Choreographer -graduated from Radford University with a Bachelor of Science in Dance Education and a minor in Business Administration. Credits at Radford include seasonal fall and spring performances as well as Sounds of Stories Dancing, Eating Appalachia: Selling Out to the Hungry Ghost, and The Nutcracker. She has taught for Radford University Ballet Youth, Giles County School of Dance, and currently teaches at Linda Watkins School of Dance. Director/choreographer credits include Oliver, Aida,
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Oklahoma for North Cross School. She also served as Kevin’s choreographer for Broadway Goes Hollywood and Broadway Jukebox Musicals at the Jefferson Center. Andrea continues to train and perform with City Modern Ensemble of Roanoke Ballet Theatre. This will be her eighth year choreographing for KJPAS and she cannot wait for another summer of fun!
– Program Director/Head Male Counselor/Camp Videographer and Photographer – is a true renaissance man, and the MacGyver of the theater world! Bill has worked as a stage manager, director, photographer, videographer and technical director on and off for KJPAS since 2000. He has held positions in a multitude of fields from banking to wedding photography to videography for the government of Florida. He currently resides on his horse farm outside of St. Augustine, Florida.
– Program Director/Head Female Counselor –Lexy is currently a history major and theater minor at Coastal Carolina university. Recent credits include Big Fish, Mamma Mia (Ali), and Catch Me If You Can. She is super excited to be joining the KJPAS team!
– Program Director/Head Male Counselor –Philip is an education major and theater performance minor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Recent credits include Beauty and the Beast (Gaston), Alice in Wonderland (Director/Mad HaBeauty
and the Beast
tter), The Great Gatsby
- Camp Headshot Photographer -returns to KJPAS for her fifteenth year to photograph the camp headshots. Amy is a leading female commercial photographer in Southwest Virginia. She has won many national ADDY awards for her work, including four in 2014 alone. She has photographed Fortune500 companies, national medical centers and advertising agencies across the country. Amy also has extensive modeling experience, which makes her such a great Headshot photographer for KJPAS!