KJPAS 2019 Summer Performing Arts Camp Faculty
serves as the artistic director and musical director of the Summer Performing Arts Camps. He has worked professionally for over twenty-five years as an actor, musical director, director and choreographer. His many credits include the Broadway first and fourth national tours of Beauty and the Beast
, the Asian tour of Annie
, The European Tour of Annie Get Your Gun
, three productions of Evita
, and two of Phantom
. Kevin has served as choreographer for the award-winning Roanoke Valley Children's Choir for the past eighteen years. Recent musical directing credits include
, Beauty and the Beast
, Anything Goes
, The Little Mermaid
, and six different touring productions of
for the Palace Theater/Spirit Entertainment. 2019 marks the 21st anniversary of the KJPAS camps and it has been a great run!
–Director/Choreographer/Program Director- has been involved with KJPAS camps since their inception 21 years ago. Her many performing credits include the Donna in
, The Mistress in Evita
, Maria in The
Sound of Music
, as well as Anything Goes
. Melia can be seen in several commercials, training videos and print ads. She is also an accomplished artist, scenic painter and costumer. Recent scenic work includes The Addams Family
, The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
– Director/Choreographer -graduated from Radford University with a Bachelor of Science in Dance Education and a minor in Business Administration. Credits at Radford include seasonal fall and spring performances as well as Sounds of Stories Dancing, Eating Appalachia: Selling Out to the Hungry Ghost, and The Nutcracker. She has taught for Radford University Ballet Youth, Giles County School of Dance, and currently teaches at Linda Watkins School of Dance. Director/choreographer credits include Oliver, Aida, Seussical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Oklahoma for North Cross School. She also served as Kevin’s choreographer for Broadway Goes Hollywood and Broadway Jukebox Musicals at the Jefferson Center. Andrea continues to train and perform with City Modern Ensemble of Roanoke Ballet Theatre.
– Choreographer – Patrick, a KJPAS alumni, is excited to be working with KJPAS camps again. He has been performing professionally for the past 5 years at various theme parks, and regionally around Virginia. He recently completed two contracts traveling around the world with Disney Cruise Line, performing in
, The Golden Mickeys
. Patrick can currently be seen performing in shows at Walt Disney World.
– Choreographer/office assistant – Miranda is an alumni of KJPAS and now resides in NYC. Credits include sister bear in
(National Tour), Bonnie in
, Miss Andrew in Mary Poppins
, Peter Pan
, the title role in
, a spirit in the Mozart’s opera,
The Magic Flute
, and a street urchin in Bizet’s opera,
. Commercials for Honey Tree Learning Center, Grand Home Furnishings, and Freedom First Credit Union. Film:
Alone Yet Not Alone
– Director/Acting Coach -served as an assistant director at the very 1st KJPAS camp 21 years ago (and returned for several seasons), and is delighted to make a return engagement! He has been a resident actor/director/teacher at Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble (National Theatre Conference’s 2017 Outstanding Theatre of the Year) for thirteen seasons. Richie is the author of the family plays Ancient Greek Idol
Birthday Showdown at Penguin Pete’s Pizza Emporium
, and The Landlover: A Pirate Musical
. He founded the weekly drama program at North Central Secure Treatment Unit, in Danville, Pennsylvania. Richie lives in Almedia, Pennsylvania with his wife, Syreeta, and their three children.
– Technical Director/Head Male Counselor/Camp Videographer/Headshot Photographer – is a true renaissance man, and the MacGyver of the theater world! Bill has worked as a stage manager, director, photographer, videographer and technical director on and off for KJPAS since 2000. He has held positions in a multitude of fields from banking to wedding photography to videography for the government of Florida. He currently resides on his horse farm outside of St. Augustine, Florida.